40 Captivating Quotes By Khushwant Singh To Inspire You In The Darkest Moments Of Your Life.
Khushwant Singh was one of the most pragmatic Indian writers. A master of satire he was also equally adept at portraying lust in his stories. Delve in to know some interesting titbits about this literary genius.
1. Khushwant Singh was a practitioner of law in Lahore before the partition. In 1947 he joined Indian politics and worked with the Ministry of External Affairs.
2. He was founder of a journal named 'Yojana', worked at All India Radio, edited for prestigious publications such as the Hindustan Times, Illustrated Weekly of India and National Herald.
3. He penned the book 'Khushwantnama: The Lessons of My Life' at the age of 98. And fearless as ever he made some startling confessions in the book.
4. He was the original creator of Santa Banta jokes. The characters that initially appeared in his books and column have become household names.
5. A self-professed lover of alcohol, Khushwant started drinking in this tweens. He is also known for his blatant objectification of women as an object of lust. In his own words, “I have also come to the sad conclusion that I have always been a bit of a lecher. From the tender age of four right to the present when I have completed 97, it has been lechery that has been uppermost in my mind. “I have never been able to conform to the Indian ideal of regarding women as my mothers, sisters or daughters. Whatever their age, to me they were, and are, objects of lust.”